Baby, it’s cold outside. Hot chocolate is inarguably the best winter comfort food there is (well, beverage actually). It’s always nice to warm up with a hot cup of chocolate while indoors. The aroma of freshly-prepared hot chocolate is even hard to resist. If you’re tired of the usual powdered cocoa mixes, it’s time to make your own hot chocolate. It’s pretty easy to do as long as you have all the necessities. I’d like to share a simple recipe on how to make hot chocolate. Ready? Let’s start!
- 1 quart of milk
- 1 vanilla bean (divided into 2)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bars of chocolate of 100 grams each (whatever brand you prefer), chopped into small pieces
- In a saucepan, heat milk together with the spices over medium heat until boiling point, but don’t let the milk boil.
- Add the chocolate and whisk them in the pan until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 25 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and reheat.
- Serve! Makes 4-6 mugs.
Tip: You can also add mini marshmallows, chocolate syrup, candy sprinkles, chocolate shavings, a dollop of cream or cinnamon powder on top.
If you want more fancy or flavorful hot chocolate, I found these recipes from three bloggers quite easy to follow:
What’s your favorite winter comfort food? Just let me know by dropping a line! Merry Christmas, dear readers!