It’s getting hotter by the day and this only means one thing: summer’s almost here! If you’re ready to bask in the sun or enjoy the warmer weather outdoors (without looking like a wilted daisy), we’ve got some summer beauty tips to help you look and feel fresh all day. Ready to step out into the sun? These tips will get you covered:
SKIN & BODY:
- Don’t leave home without sunscreen. Applying sunscreen on your skin is the most important beauty rule to follow, especially during summer. During this time, the sun’s UV rays are the harshest and most damaging to skin, that’s why it’s important to wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and apply liberally on your face, neck, arms and legs.
- Wear light, airy clothes. It’s great that many spring trends are still very wearable for summer, so when shopping as early as now, choose dresses and blouses that are made of lighter and thinner fabrics such as cotton. Avoid dark colors as they can absorb heat and make you sweat all over.
- Don’t go heavy on the makeup. It may be warmer but it doesn’t mean you have to skip wearing makeup; just wear in moderation and apply lightweight makeup or those that make your skin breathe such as mineral makeup.
- Make sure your makeup has sun protection. Check if your foundation and lipstick has enough SPF to keep your skin protected. If your favorite shade of lipstick doesn’t have SPF, you can apply lip balm over it.
- Skip powder and go for creams. Face powder turns cakey when you sweat, so it’s best to apply cream-based foundations and blushes that easily blend on your skin.
We love MAC’s Baking Beauties Collection! If you love baking…and makeup, you’ll love this delightful set, too. Pictured above is the Baking Beauties Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm in Cheery Cherry and Lipstick in Raspberry Swirl. The colors are really yummy!
- Go for braids. Summer is the perfect season to experiment with different hairstyles. We love the Game of Thrones-inspired braid styles we’re seeing of late, so why not try them for a change? Not only are braids pretty and romantic, they also keep you feeling cool under the summer heat.
- Adorn your crown. Another trend we really love is the flower headband. Remember the feature we did last year on floral hair ornaments? They’re still pretty popular nowadays because they’re so spring-perfect–and summer is no exception. Wear a crown of flowers on your hair or string a few flowers (real or satin) on your braid and you’ll have a sweet summery look in a flash. Want to make your own hair ornaments? Check out last year’s how-to guide here.
- Wear a hat. Hats are perfect to wear this summer; not only are they stylish, they protect your face from the sun’s rays, too. Wide-brimmed hats are best to wear when at the beach. When running errands or grabbing a cup of coffee, a cap is your best bet.
- Shield your eyes with sunglasses. Don’t forget your sunnies when leaving the house. They also provide your eyes some TLC. Go for oversized sunglasses for maximum protection—and impact.
We hope these quick beauty tips will allow you to shine this season. Do you have a tip you’d like to share? We’d be happy to hear it!